Our research shows that companies are more likely to obtain the right materials for their manufacturing operation than hire the right person for the job. Why is that? Small and medium sized businesses lack a general understanding about how to match the right person with the work. Hiring the right person and getting them fit with the right job is both an art and science.
We’ve conducted extensive research to uncover the pitfalls of poor hiring practices and have built tools and practices to help our customers to create what we call the Accurate Hiring System (AHS). Better hiring is possible with both a reliable process and a way to learn from your mistakes. We help you avoid the mistakes and bring you tools and practices to help you improve your hiring over time so it becomes more and more accurate.
Here are the keys to hiring success:
- The importance of up-front design and planning of the hiring process
- Using a process and data-driven methodology to avoid making emotional or intuitive hiring decisions
- Allowing the applicants and candidates to do the work necessary to reveal the right new hire
- Creation of a simple but accurate hiring criteria
- Using multi-touch “final fit” process to ensure cultural and character match
- Anchoring the hiring process to vision, values, mission, and work to be done
- Extending a wide net to narrow few flow to final selection
- An automatable and repeatable process
Learn more about our Accurate Hiring methodology that will help you hire the best candidates for your company!
Contact us for a white paper on the pitfalls of poor hiring and the keys to success.