Effective Discipline is one of the courses included in the V2A Solutions Leadership Essentials Series. It focuses on interpersonal skills, emphasizing communication and improvement of management skills by using behavior modeling. The audiences for this course are team leaders, supervisors, and first-line managers.
Effective Discipline helps managers learn effective techniques for addressing problem behavior. Using communication skills, the manager works to preserve the individual’s self-respect and encourage the best kind of discipline – self-discipline.
When you have completed the Effective Discipline course, you will be able to conduct a successful meeting with a team member to coach them on how to perform a job, task, or skill by:
- Using techniques of effective discipline to eliminate problem behavior.
- Communicating in terms of behavior rather than perception or opinions.
- Recognizing the importance of team member participation in defining the problems and their solutions.
- Managing the discussion to diminish defensiveness and focus on solutions.
- Issuing appropriate warning consistent with your organization’s policies.
- Reviewing performance to make sure the problem is solved.