Location: Portland, OR
We are looking for a Master of Office Operations and Marketing on a part-time basis
V2A Solutions specializes in helping successful entrepreneurs grow their companies. We are a leadership development business with years of success working with small to medium sized organizations. The V2A Offices are the control center for the products and services we provide entrepreneurs. We have an opening for the right administrative person to lead our office operations and marketing.
This position is central to our ability to serve our clients. It is critical that information about our products and services is available and properly presented. Because our consultants are often in the field working with clients, our Master of Office Operations and Marketing keeps the wheels of our business turning. This position is ideal for a detail oriented problem solver who enjoys working on their own.
If you are looking for part-time employment and are energized by clerical, problem solving work, and persistence to a task, then this may be the ideal job for you. The right person will have the organization and drive to ensure back-office work is done efficiently and effectively with a smile, enthusiasm and integrity. An interest in marketing and experience with blogging and social media is a plus.
* Organization and drive to ensure the back office work is done efficiently and effectively to best serve our consultants and clients.
* Handle event logistics, including but limited to: managing calendaring, scheduling, catering, travel arrangements, securing rooms and event spaces and preparing needed materials.
* Create content with lead consultant to provide draft for website blog.
* Design and maintain email campaigns and newsletters.
* Analyze data to strategize target emails and promotions.
* Manage enrollments to our workshops.
* Send and receive invoices and process payments in Quickbooks.
* Process incoming requests for information via phone and email.
* Make phone calls to provide information to clients and prospects.
* Organize and manage the filing in the office.
* Process the information used to keep our web and social media systems current.
* Edit and review documents for grammar and spelling.
* Provide feedback to the consulting team and problem solving to improve office operations.
* Utilize a problem solving mindset to provide feedback to the consulting team
* Provide input for processing the various assessment tools we use.
* Various additional small projects as assigned.
* Demonstrated competence with Microsoft Office
* Experience using a contact database.
* The ability to learn software applications and use them productively
* Comfort in following repetitive processes and directions on a daily basis
* Confidence in making phone calls to provide information to clients and prospects
* A keen attention to detail and quality
* A passion for learning and personal growth
* Comfort in working alone and with limited supervision and the ability to discover how to complete a job using manuals or conducting your own research and problem solving
* A successful work experience with references who would rehire you
* Confidence in establishing and maintaining successful and trusting relationships
* A heart for service and integrity
* Business savvy and confidence in your ability to solve problems and organize information
* Experience taking various sources of information and piece together meaningful reports and summaries
* Journalism degree and/or experience
* QuickBooks software experience
* An associate’s degree or equivalent
* Previous experience in an administrative, accounting, or marketing support position
* Typing speed of at least 50 WPM with spelling accuracy